The safety of our staff and patients is top priority as we fully reopen our clinic on June 25th, 2020. Here are the new safety protocols implemented at the Clinic, pertinent to COVID-19:
- Staggering and limiting the number of patients seen on a daily basis. Additional time will be added to each treatment to decrease the number of people in the clinic at any given time
- All herbal consultations will continue as tele-health video chat to limit the amount of patients in our clinic.
- When scheduling and/or having acupuncture appointment confirmed, patients will be asked if there have been any recent or current symptoms of illness such as a cough or fever. We ask that patients experiencing fever and/or COVID symptoms do not come in and late cancellation fee will be waived. Virtual herbal consultations are available for them.
- Patients over 65 years old or those who have pre-existing health conditions are advised to schedule appointment times in the morning or beginning of the day. Times have been blocked out for them accordingly.
- Patients will be asked to arrive at their appointment time with a mask and to wear it as much as is practical during their visit.
- There will be a check-in area at the front desk counter. Each patient’s temperature will be taken and a COVID-19 survey will be given. Hand sanitizer will be available and patients will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands on arrival.
- When possible, we will put patients directly into the room where their treatment will be done. If not possible, patients will be able to wait in their cars until their treatment is ready to begin. Seating in the lobby room will be situated at least 6 feet apart, so any patients who choose to wait in the waiting area will be able to be socially distanced.
- Only a patient with an appointment is allowed in the treatment room. No additional visitors or children.
- Practitioners and staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times. This includes KN95 mask, face shield, lab coat, and gloves.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures along with frequent wipe downs of counter tops and other points of contact will be maintained. We only use hospital grade disinfectant.
- Pens and payment processing pad at front desk will be sanitized between every use.
We understand the experience at the Clinic will be a bit different than it used to be (at least for a period of time), we are confident that these protocols will allow us to safely and effectively provide treatment and care for our patients.
We are now ready to book all returning and new patients, so please call us at 805-563-0222. The Clinic will open from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday.
Thank you again for your continued support throughout this uncertain time. We look forward to seeing you soon!